Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Induction into the National Honors Society

On Monday, September 29, 2008 I was greatly honored to be accepted into the National Honors Society along with five of my Sophomore classmates. According to our Principal's speech, this is highest award that can be given to a high school student. That is a pretty humbling thought.

The induction ceremony was really nice. It opened up with the Principal giving her speech, followed by four existing NHS members explaining the different qualities that represents NHS and a candle lighting ceremony. Then each of the new inductees were called up where they received their membership card, a pin, and had to sign the formal Charter. Afterwards we were given a yellow rose.



Towards the end of the evening they showed a great slideshow of all the different events they did last year and they also talked about all the projects they have for this year. They sound like great fun, while still helping others. I can't wait!

The one thing that really stood out in the evening was something our Principal said. She reminded us all that we didn't do this-- or become who we were on our own-- first there was God because he has a plan for all of us; then there are our parents who have loved us and supported us in all our endeavors; third there are our teachers who helped teach and inspire us; lastly, there are ourselves who worked hard to accomplish our goals.

I have so much to be thankful for because I do have all these people surrounding me and supporting me and I hope everyone knows how much I appreciate all that they have done for me.



One of my very good friends and me stop to pose for a picture during the social after the ceremony. Have a ever mentioned my mom really likes to take photos?

No comments: