Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Hocus Pocus Annual Swap Meet and Lecture Series, January 2008

Here I am pictured with the owner of Hocus Pocus Magic, Paul Gross, when I attended their 2nd Annual Swap Meet and Lecture Series. Talk about a day filled with magic! I had a great time from the moment I walked in the door, until the doors closed. There was a whole line up of awesome lecturers throughout the day! Plus, what girl doesn’t like spending the day drooling over three rooms filled top to bottom with magic? Okay, admittedly there are only a few of us! But besides that, I got to meet some legendary magicians, which you can see below!

The best part, was really getting to meet Mr. Gross. He has been incredibly nice to my family and our assembly. When it comes to magic, my first stop is always Hocus Pocus magic! You can’t beat their friendly customer service and fast shipping! Whenever my mom places my orders— they are here the very next day! If we have any questions, they are always helpful.

Mr. Gross really made my family feel welcome! We can’t wait to go back next year and spend time at Hocus Pocus. And, when I have an order to place—- you can be sure that he’ll take good care of us. So, if you ever need magic, from beginner to experienced, be sure to give the friendly staff at Hocus Pocus a call. I know you will be as happy with them as I am!


The Legendary Mark Wilson and Nani Darnell



Who doesn’t know the name Mark Wilson? Even the very beginner knows this name in the magic world! In fact, almost any child who has ever started in magic has probably started out with one of his many books of magic! It was a real treat to be able to meet with him in person, take a photo, and receive their autographs.

Of course, I wouldn’t dream of walking by their table without buying magic! I bought their debut television DVD, which showcased their first four episodes and the dollhouse! I had a fun time talking with them about their dollhouse, and then sharing stories (and pictures) of the dollhouse my dad built for me too! I also bought some other DVDs from him that I can’t wait to study!


Famed Illusionest, Losander

Here I am with famed illusionist, Losander. I really liked going to his lecture because the type of magic he does is extremely graceful. As a female performer, I especially like a lot of his magic and think it could be very well suited for my stage shows. I look forward to really studying his material and implementing it into my practices! I just hope my mom doesn’t mind the mess too much until I get the hang of working with bubbles!

I also spent a lot of time drooling over his magic wares and have put a certain item of his on my definite “Most Wanted” list!




Well this ended our magical day at Hocus Pocus. We definitely weren’t the only ones out and about and looking for that “special” thing that would take our magic to the next level. We were just one of many, but we were made to feel special from the moment we walked in the door.

My family and I can’t wait to go back next year. I hope that after reading this post, you might consider going too!

Its not only for the experienced; there is something for the beginner as well. It’s also a great place to see awesome professional magicians perform some of their own great illusions. Its like a mini-magic show right at their vendor tables.



I hope to see you in 2009!

No comments: